Midweek Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where we are with this thing...

4 posters

Go down

Where we are with this thing... Empty Where we are with this thing...

Post by Tourq Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:57 pm

This forum is a substitute to Multiply. If someone finds something that they think is better, speak up!

There are a lot of things for me to learn about this forum, though I think most of it is just superfluous stuff. If it turns out that nobody likes the forum setup, I can create an actual website/blog, and I know a lot about how to do that.

Give me a few days to adjust some things so that random people can't view our forum. I also want to work on making sure every time someone posts a message, or replies to a message, everyone gets an email notification...

By all means, post some stuff (anything) while I tweak the settings. If anyone has any suggestions, please speak up.
Tourq
Tourq
Admin

https://mgeeks.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Where we are with this thing... Empty Re: Where we are with this thing...

Post by Andy Venn Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:15 pm

So, I clicked the "newtopic" tag and it was going to have me start a new topic. I have a "watch topic" button that seems to work.

Andy Venn

Back to top Go down

Post by CRNelson Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:06 am

It's a little clunky but works for me. Besides, I can't think of anything better. I couldn't find the "Watch forum" option, then I realized I wasn't logged in...doh!

Thanks for doing this, Chris.
CRNelson
CRNelson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tourq Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:55 am

Ok. After talking with James, I changed the forum structure a little bit. I think it looks cleaner this way, and will perform better. Basically, I added a new category "Our Games." Everyone needs to click on each of the games, and then click "Start watching forum" for the games you want to follow.

Please don't make any changes to the settings in the site. She's a fickle beast, and can be difficult to calm down.

There shouldn't be anyone joining the site that we don't know (our site is not really getting advertised). After everyone that is part of the group joins, we can lock out new registrations if we need to.

As it is now, visitors and new members can see everything EXCEPT our "Members and Contact Info" forum. Only Admins can view that forum. When a new member of our group registers on the site, they must manually be upgraded to an Admin (I'll take care of that).

Underneath the Navigation Bar is an area for ads. Visitors will see the ads, registered users will not. Sometimes they can be tricky... if you see one (before you log in) telling you to do something, remember that it's just an ad. I only mention this because sometimes some of the ads look like they are actually part of the site (those tricky bastards).
Tourq
Tourq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwarinner Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:39 pm

I like the new layout, Its a shame that getting email updates and such is so much of a pain
Jwarinner
Jwarinner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tourq Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:25 pm

After thinking about it, it's not that bad. It's something we should have to take care of only when we start a new game. Sure, it's not as convenient as Multiply, but it's manageable.

Sorry I can't make it to Twilight of Darkness.
Tourq
Tourq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum